Why does Christmas being over make you feel so depressed? We spread out our festivities so we wouldn't have to leave one place early and be all rushed over 1 or 2 days.
Batman and I both have divorced parents so we have like 4 or more Christmas gatherings to attend.
So on Christmas Eve we went to his stepdad's sisters, then Christmas Day to his dad's sister's. We got friday kind of off. But his mom wanted to come up to our apartment and bring the boys their presents from them. So we had a little present party here friday night that I wasn't really planning on, so I cooked a little cheese dip and vaccumed and that's it. But it turned out fine.
Saturday we were supposed to go to another grandma's house, but freezing rain decided otherwise.
Sunday we went to see my Nana in the hospital. Its sad when she is not able to do Christmas stuff cause she makes the best food and has such pretty decorations. I can't count the nativity scenes she puts out every year.
My dad went to Louisianna to my step-grandparents for the holidays, so we didn't get to see them. I think this is the first Christmas that I haven't seen my dad or mom ON christmas eve or day. We'll see dad when he gets back and we are supposed to gather with my mom and my 3 sisters on the 1st. I guess my mom and sisters got together on christmas eve and were upset that we "ditched" them. There just can't be an occasion in my family where there isn't drama.
I always get in trouble for something.
Well I guess we'll see what happens next year.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Only Always posted by Arielle at 11:32 AM
Monday, December 08, 2008
1. OK well now that everyone in my family has been sicky icky, I think we are finally back to normal. Until the baby gets up this morning and he's all scratchy voiced and coughing and his face is warm and red. Poor guy. Hopefully it won't last long.
2. We were all barfy with gastroenteritis the week of Thanksgiving, so we just had our own Thanksgiving this past Saturday. I made turkey and the usual and we invited one of my sisters and one of Batman's brothers. Usually you have lots of leftovers and you can eat another week off of cooking for one day. That is, if your turkey doesn't suck. Well right after I took it out of the oven, it was soooo yummy. Then it kinda dried up while falling completely off the bones. So it smelled good and looked good but by the end of the night was too dry to save. So I have leftovers of everything but turkey.
3. We have had a couple deaths in our family. I hate when it happens to anyone right before the holidays. My grandma's brother and my Grandpa's sister both passed away. We couldn't travel to the funeral because it would be an unexcused absence for Spiderman, who had to take his Advanced Placement test today anyway. Plus Batman had to go out of town for work this week too. So we are taking care of my grandparents' doggy while they are out of town.
4. Batman and I have discovered our new favorite kind of food and that is Louisianna-ian. LOL We had some Jumbalya and I am so proud of myself for making GUMBO! Yeah me! But then we had lots left and we left the pot out on the stove to cool a little before putting it in the fridge to save. And we fell asleep on the couch and forgot to put it away. So we wasted our leftovers. :(
I feel like such a jerk cause there are starving kids in the world and I can't even finish the food we have and save it to eat another day. New yrs resolution: Be less wasteful!
5. Even though we live in this little apartment right now, I managed to decorate it quite nicely for Christmas. We at least have a fireplace to hang the stockings on and I may have piled too much around it, but hey, its all the room I've got.
So here is my cozy corner.
6. And last but not least, I got a cute haircut. I am coloring it this week while my sister comes to stay with us. What do you think??